Friday, April 8, 2011

Wine with that tasting?


Flowers
I got home to my amazing fiancé to find that he got me flowers. For no other reason than the fact that it was Thursday J Another plus to the flowers is that he actually got me ones that wont die. I got a Lilly plant for our patio. <3 him! I would really like to spend some time decorating our little outside area this spring. Maybe I’ll try to grow some herbs again. Attempt #1 was a failure but if you don’t succeed, try, try again!

Good food
We tried a new-to-us placed called Maxwell’s in J-town and while the atmosphere was confusing (seemingly trying to be upscale yet having 13” TVs at every table brought it back down to J’town standards) the food was good, the service was decent and I think we’re debating on having our rehearsal dinner there. Maybe. I would prefer a place where we can have a private room but at the same time we did like Maxwell’s.  




Decent wine – I guess.
One would think that going to a winery would suggest that there are several different wines that you could try there… one would be wrong. Michael and I had a Groupon date last night in which we used 3 (yes 3) of the Groupons that we had and one of them happened to be to River Bend Winery.  This included a tasting and 2 bottles of wine. Sounds great, except… they had ONE bottle of red wine. Yup. One. Not much of a tasting considering the majority of the wine was dessert wine.  And when asked why a winery would only have one type of red wine the manager replied that the wine maker they have is really lazy and just sucks! I guess it’s nice that he didn’t sugarcoat anything but at the same time, he probably shouldn’t be in charge of managing a business.


Amazing dessert
After our somewhat disappointing wine experience we went to Uptown Café for dessert. That was the perfect end to a great evening. We enjoyed one of the bottles of wine that we got previously and I had the most amazing dessert. The Empress Carlotta get’s my vote for a 2nd time as my top 5 restaurant desserts.


Great company!
Love, love, LOVE spending time with my husband-to-be. We had great food and great conversation. I couldn’t have asked for a better mid-week date J

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE Uptown's Empress Carlotta!! It certainly is delish!

    P.s. I already love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete