Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm back :)

I could not be more excited! I am going to start school this month!!! I actually did so well on my test that I tested out of all the basic English and Math classes AND I’m getting scholarship $$. I feel like a smarty J

Wow! I have not been on here in so long but I have a great excuse. First there was all the wedding planning, then the wedding itself which was absolutely amazing and went by WAY too fast. Our honeymoon was awesome. Jamaica is a beautiful place and I would LOVE to go back one day in the near future. We tried lots of delicious food while we were there, including conch which I think is one of my new favorite sea foods. It would be awesome if it was more available in KY so I could actually try and cook it. We tried Mussels which I’ve had before as a kid but I guess I wouldn’t expect any 5-year-old to like them. As a 26-year-old I loved them! We brought home some real Jamaican Jerk sauce and a couple of other sauces that I have yet to cook with. But as I’ve mentioned, I’ve been a busy girl!
And after the honeymoon Michael had knee surgery, I jumped right back into working both jobs and That would be why I’ve had no time for blogging.

So, last weekend I was actually off on a Saturday and I wanted to make a special little something for breakfast. Breakfast casserole it was! Michael and I both loved it and I will definitely add it to my recipe collection. It’s super easy and great if you have other stuff to do in the morning while it’s cooking.

Ingredients:

6 pieces center cut bacon (cooked)
5 eggs
1 tsp sour cream
A splash of milk
2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar and some extra for the top
Salt & pepper to taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper


Preheat oven to 300. Mix all of the ingredients together except the bacon and the extra cheese. Pour ½ of the mixture in a shallow greased baking dish (I used a medium sized corningware dish), put 3 pieces of bacon on top. Then pour the rest of the mixture over that, place bacon on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cook for about 20-25 minutes until center is cooked through.
And voila! We had this with some bagel halves and it was SO good!

My goal is to try and start doing this recipe thing weekly. Hopefully I’ll be back on here next week J

Oh, and PS.
I am married to the most amazing man in the world and married life is AWESOME!!! I couldn’t be happier!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so excited for you about your school!
    Glad you're back to blogging. This recipe sounds pretty yummy, too - I may have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete